- Business Associations
The Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade (APBOT) is a voice of Business in Ajax and Pickering. Established in 1955, the members represent an array of business sectors ranging from the service industry to manufacturers and distributors. The group’s advocacy and policy initiatives focus on issues relating to such things as economic development, healthcare, education, transportation issues, community and social development, environment, and energy.
The Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade is a not-for-profit, membership-based association and is not a government agency. In addition to representing the views of the business community of Ajax and Pickering, APBOT is part of a broader provincial and national network of boards of trades and chambers of commerce and, as such, is proud to be an active member of both the Ontario Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
By becoming a member of the Board of Trade, businesses enjoy a wide array of membership benefits including:
• monthly networking events;
• an annual Business Expo (trade show);
• educational seminars;
• access to presentations by senior political and business leaders;
• member-to-member discounts;
• a weekly email bulletin and quarterly newsletter;
• print and electronic member directories;
• access to information from the Ontario and Canadian Chambers of Commerce;
• gas discounts;
• access to an exclusive group health benefits plan;
• preferred rates on home and auto insurance;
• and much, much more!
- EVENTS | Keep up to date with all the latest events!
- Eco-business | Become a champion for the environment AND find cost savings in business practices.Let us show you how!
- Build Your Bottom Line | cost savings programs, member-to-member discounts and group insurance programs!
- Enhance Your Skills | Attend our Professional Development Series, Lunch + Learn, and Special Seminars!
- Grow Your Profile | Networking, committee involvement, our annual business directory, referrals and more!
As the voice of business for Ajax-Pickering, we encourage free enterprise and economic development, create and maintain a positive business climate and foster opportunities for members.