A community service agency in Durham Region delivering various employment, literacy, and training programs. Within our Employment Service program at the Whitby John Howard Society of Durham Region we create different options to success for employment, training or both; striving to achieve the right match for the employer, and employees to ensure attainable achievements and results.
There is an assortment of service assistance regarding housing, eviction prevention, and ID clinics. All programming is available for both youth and adult clientele to access. Other services include however not limited to, counselling, harm reduction, parenting programming, anger management, and much, much more. For more information please contact our office at 905-666-8847.
- Various Youth Programming, Youth Job Connection, Youth Job Conncection Summer, Youth Job Link
- Basic Food Safety and Smart Serve Certifications, Great for new and existing staff
- Job matching and placements
- Apprenticeship, How do I get there?
- Employer Assistance with interview screeening, hiring, job fairs and free board room space,
Whom to Contact
- Christina Barrow
- Paul Dobbs
Take the 401 to the Brock Street South exit. Follow Brock Street South Northbound to Dundas Street West. Turn Right onto Dundas Street West and then turn left onto Perry Street.